For Sale: 1960 Buick Invicta 4dr Sedan, 70K miles - $9,000 - Grand Junction, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1960 Buick Invicta 4dr Sedan, 70K miles - $9,000 - Grand Junction, CO

1960 buick invicta for sale by owner - Denver, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

I have a 1960 Buick Invicta I am looking to sell for $9k OBO (possibly open to trades for other classic cars of similar value (years 1957-1978) as well.)  Runs and drives. Clean Colorado title in hand, ready to sell!  Runs and drives like a dream. Very mechanically sound. Recent full tune up. Starts up with no hesitation. 70,750 original miles. Mileage will slightly increase as vehicle is driven. All of the glass is in perfect condition. No chips or cracks. Needs interior work as pictured (front floor pan repair where there are two rust holes, new carpet, new wind lace). Bondo is present and cracking in some exterior areas. This is not a perfect show car by any means, but it’ll get you looks when driving around town! Great for a solid daily driver or project. Brand new Coker classic H78-15 wide whitewall tires. 

Craigslist doesn’t allow enough room for descriptions, so please message me if you’d like to know more. I have a full detailed list of the maintenance work put into this car, pros & cons etc. Serious inquiries only, please. Happy to answer any questions & send photos and videos as requested.  Located in Grand Junction, Colorado 81501
Copy and paste in your email: 86fe9e732a2c3216a7e0123b8389edb6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1960 Buick Invicta 4dr Sedan.

'60 Buick Invicta CO a.jpg

'60 Buick Invicta CO b.jpg

'60 Buick Invicta CO c.jpg

'60 Buick Invicta CO d.jpg

'60 Buick Invicta CO e.jpg

'60 Buick Invicta CO f.jpg

'60 Buick Invicta CO g.jpg

'60 Buick Invicta CO h.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I think you can count on heater core work right off the bat.

I always wonder what is so wrong with the original carburetion that people think they HAVE to install an Edelbrock. How does one start one of these with an aftermarket carb installed?

It's probably just got a switch on the dashboard; there are just two wires going to the microswitch on the carburetor.  I actually put an AVS2 on my Riviera this year.  I had the AFB apart at least five times, and it just wasn't working consistently (I've worked on a bunch of them, so it's nothing new).  It might need rebushed throttle shafts, but the AVS2 went on with an hour or so of adapting and another hour of tuning.  If you're not going for 100% original, it's a nice option to have out there.  

On 10/7/2023 at 11:44 PM, rocketraider said:

I think you can count on heater core work right off the bat.

I always wonder what is so wrong with the original carburetion that people think they HAVE to install an Edelbrock. How does one start one of these with an aftermarket carb installed?

The original Carter AFB's wore out at the throttle shafts, same as the Rochesters. Just due to age and usage. The Edelbrock's are just new Carters. No big deal and they work much better than trying to fiddle around with a 60 yr old carb. Unless you are an expert. I'm not.